Strategic and Synergistic Business and Family Law Counsel
Joseph E. Herbert
Experienced attorney with a certified public accounting background. This background enables Joe to give empathetic, business friendly advice that impacts costs and revenues. Having supported CEOs, Senior Vice Presidents, General Counsels and Deputy General Counsels, Joe is equally adept functioning in large and small legal departments.
Extensive litigation management experience including advising companies on disputes in pre-litigation stages, managing litigators in complex litigation and negotiating settlement agreements.
- Murrah & Killough, Attorney, October 2014 – Present
- Phillips & Reiter, Attorney, July 2009 – September 2014
- Gulf States Toyota, Managing Counsel, March 2003 – June 2009
- Hewlett-Packard, Attorney, February 2000 – March 2003
- Weil, Gotshal and Manges, LLP, Associate, November 1999 – February 2001
- Locke Lord LLP, Associate, 1994 – 1999
- Negotiating complex commercial transactions such as midstream transactions and corporate finance transactions
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 1994
- University of Houston, 1982-1985
- Major: Accounting
- C.T. Bauer College of Business, 1982-1985