Strategic and Synergistic Business and Family Law Counsel

FEMA Disaster Assistance

On Behalf of | Aug 31, 2017 | Firm News |

In order to apply for FEMA assistance go to the disaster assistance website. Once at that address, you can either apply for assistance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or if you don’t have insurance, you can apply through the blue “apply online” checklist to see what assistance will be available to you.

According to FEMA you will need the following information to fill out your claim:

  1. Social Security Number
  2. Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address)
  3. Current mailing address
  4. Current telephone number
  5. Insurance Information
  6. Total household annual income
  7. Routing and account number for your checking or savings account. (this allow FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into your bank account)
  8. A description of your disaster caused damages and losses.

Please Note:

(The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Murrah & Killough, PLLC and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney).