Darryl “DJ” Floyd
Director of Governmental Affairs (Non-Attorney) – Murrah & Killough, PLLC
Darryl “DJ” Floyd serves as one of the firm’s lobbyists and is a native of South Carolina, a US Army Combat Medic Veteran, and a prior Professional European League basketball player. As President of DHI Consulting Group, LLC, DJ provides businesses with strategic advice regarding data interpretations, flow of information, and statistical analysis. DJ bridges diverse, political, and social circles with a background in research and development of new ways of expanding the political base through social media and other conventional platforms and uses his exceptional interpersonal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills to advocate for his clients.
DJ’s engagement in politics and policy began in 1987, when he served at the grassroots level and mastered the art of building effective relationships. Since then, DJ has held a series of prominent positions in state government. While assisting State Representatives and State Senators with research and legislative functions, DJ was the key player in cross-party negotiations within South Carolina’s House of Representatives as Assistant Chief Page for 3 years, overseeing over 170 Pages. He has developed and leveraged significant relationships with elected and appointed officials and their staffs, lobbyists, local city council members and other city staff, and their counterparts at other regional entities, as well as various boards of directors and other industry representatives. DJ also monitors, interprets, and recommends responses to federal and state legislation, appropriations and authorizations, and proposed or existing federal and state regulations.
DJ is no stranger to the world of sports, as he presently represents Presidents, General Managers, Coaches, Scouts, and front office personnel of the National Basketball Association. As an agent and manager, DJ advises clients regarding media relations and the social expectations demanded of professional athletes and secures the best financial positioning and contractual considerations.
MEMBERSHIPS AND REGISTRATIONS
- Federal registered lobbyist
- State of South Carolina registered lobbyist
- Harris County, Texas registered lobbyist
- Americans for Intelligence Reform, Serving as Government Affairs Director.
- Greenwood, South Carolina Chamber of Commerce as Ambassador
- Member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Rotary Club International
- American Legion
- Junior Warden, 32ndDegree with Masonic Order Union Lodge No. 1 Prince Hall
- A., Criminal Justice, University of South Carolina with a minor in both Psychology and Sociology
- United States Army Combat Medic Advanced Individual Training Course
- United States Army Non-Commissioned Officer Nuclear Biological Chemical Course